Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
We may earn a commission if you click a link and purchase something.
I purchased this subscription box with my own money and am not receiving any compensation from FabFitFun for the review of the box.
Greetings! I have been on a bit of a subscription box kick lately. So, in that spirit, here is my review for the FabFitFun box that I ordered on 2/23/17. I received it on 3/2/17. I read everything on their website, so I know that the company states that it takes 7-10 business days just for them to ship the box. That still seems incredibly slow to me considering I do a lot of online ordering and very rarely is 7-10 business days the amount of time just to get something out the door. I have ordered custom, handmade to order items off of Etsy that took less time to make and get in the mail. I also knew exactly what was coming in this box, so they had to be relatively easy to assemble, if not already assembled. This is due to numerous other online reviews that I saw before I ordered (which I am okay with, just playing into the time frame for to ship).
Negatives aside, I think this is an awesome box! It came with nine trendy and full size items. The total retail value listed for this box is $257.98. All that for $44.99. Not too shabby if you ask me. The total retail value listed for this box is $257.98. All that for $44.99. Not too shabby if you ask me.
I received the following items:
- The Modcloth blanket scarf is quite large. 55″x55″. Most throw blankets measure 55″ x 60″ to give a little perspective on its size.
- The Created Co. “Good morning, Gorgeous” coffee cup shaped travel mug. I do not drink coffee, but I will be using this for my tea or hot chocolate. 😉
- The coloring book is the perfect size to squeeze into my purse, and colored pencils were also included for immediate use.
- Manna Kadar lip gloss stain. This is a lovely shade that would be good for daily use. I don’t leave my house daily, but when I do, guess what I think I am going to wear?
Manna Kadar Lip Locked Stain in Lucky on Amazon
- Marrakesh argan and hemp hair oil. This product is outstanding right now as my hair is more damaged than it has ever been at the moment. (I thought a perm would be a good idea, it was not!)
Marrakesh Argan and Hemp Hair Oil on Amazon
- ORG Skincare mineral face peel. I am looking forward to trying the facial peel. I have never used one before, so I am hoping that I am in for a bit of a pleasant surprise.
ORG Skincare Mineral Peel Face on Amazon
- Tangerine Anderson Lilley body cream. The cream is nice. It smells pleasant, is not oily and soaks into my skin very well.
- Zoya nail polish. I had been thinking about using a nude shade of nail polish lately. This one is lovely! I am looking forward to having a few minutes to myself later to put it on.
Zoya Nail Polish in Rue on Amazon
- The only item that I am less than thrilled with is the necklace. It is the Jook & Nona “love” stamped gold necklace. It is 18k gold plated. I tend to prefer real metals as opposed to anything plated. I will probably wear it a few times before passing it down to my seven year old. She will love it for sure.
This box is billed quarterly. I ordered this one really close to the Spring box coming out. Looks like they are going to bill me for that one in the next few days. I will say that I am glad that I received this box prior to the billing for the spring box as some of the add on items available for it are included in this box. Being that these items are full size, I am glad for not double ordering.
Each billing/season they have add on items that you can purchase and have added into your regularly scheduled box. Super cool. I found a few things that I would like to try and the discount price is fair. I researched the retail pricing for the items before adding them to my box.
They are also starting a “Choice!” feature for all of the regular tier subscribers. They give you a choice of an item in your box. They do not fully disclose what it is but let you pick between two items. You can make a selection of one, both for a small additional fee, or you can select surprise me. Which is a nice feature.
I was a little hesitant on ordering the box. I was not sure if I would like to be surprised. I usually like to know what I am getting for my money. I like the items and would not have probably purchased all of them otherwise, but I am glad I have them to play with now. I like the concept of surprise in a box from this company so far. It is good to try new things, and they reinforced that concept with this box. I have kind of been in “treat yourself” mode lately and this purchase was an overall win.
At $45 for something every three months I think the pricing is quite fair. That breaks down into $15 a month. I am very much looking forward to receiving the spring box now. I hope that it continues to hold its own against this lovely editor’s box.
Have you tried this or any other subscription boxes? What are your thoughts or experiences?